Time to push summer aside because it’s almost autumn! That being said, time to pack up your summer-decor essentials till next year and bring out your favorite fall accents. But if you're stuck on how to really immerse yourself in the autumn-fun, there are tons of ways to incorporate colors and textures into your autumnal home styling with fall decor. From dressing up everyday table centerpieces, handsomely embellish fire mantles, and even spruce up your home’s welcoming door wreath, today we’re sharing a few simple ways on how to showcase the new season ahead with fall decor essentials. You can even DIY fall designs with fall home decor.
Fall Door Decorating Ideas:
The classic fall-inspired porch is always a favorite go-to for home decor fanatics. We recommend incorporating an eye-catching fall wreath in splashes of bright, autumn hues with hints of fall fauxliage. If you’re willing to go all out, throw in a complementary artificial garland that can help enforce the seasonal message for your front door decor. Make a grand entrance.
Top 10 fall door decor tips:
- Pinpoint the perfect space - Before you start shopping, look for the spot that you'd like to add a wreath to.
- Measure your door / space - Use a tape measurer to ensure you purchase the correct size and avoid returns.
- Choose a color - When it comes to the eclectic colors of the season, stick to a palette that matches with your existing décor.
- Pick a theme - Do you prefer to be more fun? Or a bit more on the traditional side? Decide on the type of wreath you'd like.
- Cohesion - To create harmony consider adding a garland to a door .
- Double Mix - Some designers, especially for larger doors, recommend adding double wreaths, they can be the same or a mix and match.
- Look for fall décor accessories - Complement the look with faux trees, garlands and swag
- Carefully hang - To not ruin the paint in your door, use a wreath hanger or a ribbon.
- Cleaning - Once a month, clean the wreath with a feather duster.
- Safely store - Remove the wreath whenever you decide and safely store in a basement or storage cabinet and use the next year.
Spruce Up Outdoor Spaces With Fall-Hued Flowers:
Top 10 Outdoor Space Tips:
- Be cognizant of the weather - Remember that patio furniture requires more maintenance than indoor furniture. Especially if you live in an area with cold weather, always be on the lookout.
- Embrace outdoor / indoor - What better way to bring the outdoors in than with outdoor / indoor living set ups? Consider setting a dining table outdoors and setting a bonfire for those cozy nights.
- Use natural elements in your decor - Not all of us are lucky enough to live in an area that experiences the fall foliage. If you don't blend natural elements in your surroundings with the color of the season.
- Use faux trees and plants - Especially if you don't have the traditional seasonal hues, consider a faux alternative in your outdoor areas.
- Make sure your faux greenery is outdoor safe - While we have a large selection of faux greenery, look for the words "indoor/outdoor" and "UV resistant" to ensure the trees are safe for outdoors.
- Add string lights - What better way to enjoy a cozy dinner than with string lights that illuminate the night. Consider hanging them across the table for a warm glow.
- Consider a faux living wall - Especially if you don't want to keep changing decor from season to season, a green faux living wall is a great, low-maintenance, option.
- Clean and take care of furniture and decor - Because the weather is unpredictable, consider cleaning and covering the furniture when you aren't using it, just to be on the safe side.
- Look for transitional pieces - If you're on a budget but still want to create a dreamy space without breaking the bank, look for pieces that can take you from season to season.
- Introduce hints with subtly color - The best part about outdoor spaces is the flexibility for sprinkling hints of the season throughout.
Traditionally, fall colors often consists of burnt oranges, dark purples, and various interpretations of bronze, but there’s other colors - like rich jewel-tones - that you can incorporate beautifully into your current decor scheme. To make it a little easier, we’ve gone ahead and curated a few of our favorite fall-inspired artificial flower arrangements that will easily evokes Mother’s Nature's natural beauty this time of year.
Fall Table Decor:
If you plan on entertaining this season, express your creative side by alternating your home decor accents. Instead of an ordinary flower arrangement, why not try flipping a fall wreath and using it as a centerpiece. If you really love DIY-ing and crafting, you can go ahead and seasonally customize your dining accents by painting fake pumpkins in various colors and placing them on the silverware with names etched in personalized lettering on loose-stemmed artificial greenery.
Dining Room Decor tips
- Choose a centerpiece for your space - Especially for Thanksgiving dinner, you want a centerpiece that is not overbearing. Ensure you choose the correct sized centerpiece by measuring your area, ideally you'd want a centerpiece that is less than eye level.
- Opt for a tablescape - A trend that's becoming more popular is the tablescape, consider using a faux garland with matching loose stems to create the ultimate fall look.
- Create your own DIY arrangement - When you're looking for something a bit edgy and unique, opt for your own arrangement.
Coffee Table Decor Tips
- Choose a coffee table that's proportional to your sofa- When shopping for a coffee table, look for a table that is proportional to your sofa when sitting down.
- Small space tip - For those of you that lack space, consider furniture with thin legs and clear so more light is emitted.
- Add a faux centerpiece - Everyone loves flowers, but many of us get busy with the daily tasks of life. So why not get the same fresh from the garden look with a vibrant pair of nature-inspired silk flowers. Bring the beauty of the fall foliage indoors.
Living Room Table Décor Tips
- Consider the size of your furniture - Oftentimes with seasonal décor, we forget that we have to maintain consistency throughout our space. Measure your coffee table before hand to ensure your new centerpiece fits and looks cohesive.
- Add some books - For an easy win, look for books that match with the season and have those warm undertones. You can switch these as you see fit.
- Pumpkins - Who can forget about faux pumpkins? Complement your autumn-inspired space with some seasonal faux pumpkins for a very festive look.
Adorn Thy Mantle:
To create a true focal point, bring it up to eye level by also adorning your fireplace or mantel with the help of fall foliage; whether it’s a realistic looking garland or swag, or maybe a collection of autumn-inspired candelabras, each of these can help to transform the look of this everyday space.
Make Your Own Autumn Bouquet:
With over +100 sets of loose artificial flower stems, options for creating your own personalized floral arrangement are limitless. Not only does this allow you the freedom to choose and stylize your arrangement but gives you the opportunity to switch the materials to further create even more options - over and over again! Showcase them in aluminum tins or wooden planters for an added rustic touch.
For more inspiration head over to our Pinterest Board dedicated to Fall Home Decor Guide.
Please note all imagery featured is purely inspiration and not a product of Nearly Natural.